Is it not possible to move an existing vault cache to a new location?

I know the Epic Games Launcher provides an option to change the Vault Cache Location, but I want to move my existing Vault Cache items to that new location without having to re-download them (over 200GB of assets).

Is there no way to seamlessly transfer an existing vault cache to a new location? I know there is a trick to prevent the Epic Games Launcher from re-downloading Unreal Engine if you already have an installation folder on the disk, but does it work for vault cache? Even then, there should be a more straight-forward way. If I already have content on a disk, why should I have to re-download it just for a new directory?

You can move it from the Launcher

It moves everything for you ( I think ).

I already know about this function. I am asking whether it moves everything, which you are not sure about.
I don’t want to perform this action unless I know I will be able to use my existing vault cache.

1 Like

I would just try it. If it doesn’t move everything, you can just change it back.

I can’t try it right now, as I’m not at a machine…

Are you sure about that? I’ve read information suggesting it is not possible for the Epic Games Launcher to use an existing vault cache folder. This is exactly why I do not want to try this until I’m sure. I could switch it to a different location, nothing gets moved, and then when I switch it back, the Epic Games Launcher will act like the existing data isn’t there and re-download all the content I wish to add from my vault. I have been told this by multiple people.

One thing is for sure, it won’t download everything again. It only downloads when you specifically ask it to.

Maybe this helps…