Is it just me or is audio reversed on left and right ears?

I just started putting sounds into my game and I noticed that when the sound effect is spatial and has attenuation, it is spatially reversed. If the direction of the sound is coming from the right, I hear it in my left ear, and if it’s coming from the left, I hear it in the right ear. I checked to see if it was the sound files: it’s not. I checked to see if its my project: it’s not. It’s with every project in my library. Is it just my computer / engine or does everyone else experience it as well?

Stupid question but, are you using headphones or speakers? If you’re using speakers, make sure you’ve got the left one on the left side and the right one on the right side. I’ve never had this problem.

I’m using headphones and I triple checked to make sure that I’ve got the left one on the left ear, etc.

My only other guess would be to look at how you’ve got your camera/character set up - maybe you are actually facing backwards without realizing it (putting the sound in opposite places), you may have your character/camera turned 180d. Like I said I’ve never had this issue.

I know this is an old post, but I’m having the same issue with Unreal Engine version 4.25

If I enable attenuation override and spatialization so that I can make the sound play only in a local area, it is as if the settings are reversed. I hear sound left coming out ear right, and vice versa.

I checked my settings through windows. left is left, right is right. It’s not Windows. It’s not my headphones. My character is setup just fine. I don’t know how you wouldn’t notice the camera being “backwards” in your character as it would invert a heck of a lot more than just the audio I would think.

The sound file is a mono file 16 bit 41khz.