Is google vr plugin supported for iOS?

For the best part of a week now I have been trying to get a project with the google vr plugin enabled to work on an iphone with the intention of converting my simple android google cardboard app for use on iOS.

When I looked in to whether UE supported doing this, although it didn’t explicitly say it did, the impression I got from docs and forum posts was that there were problems but it should work.

The reason I persisted so long was that even getting the cardboard app to run on android took a while to get past the many different errors and bugs that cropped up along the way but now I’ve exhausted all the options I can think to try and all the suggestions I can find online.

The main problem I kept running in to was that my projects would build and deploy to device but whenever the google vr plugin was enabled the game would crash after the splash screen. Very similarly to peoples troubles as described here, only my projects won’t even run for development builds. Rather than start by listing all the various things I have tried and the resulting errors my question is whether anyone has managed to get an app with the google vr plugin enabled to run on an iOS device?

To answer my own question should anyone stumble across this:

As quoted here, “Deprecated: Google cardboard support is no longer available on iOS, and is no longer enabled by default on Android.” as of 4.22 (release notes)