Is google vr plugin supported for iOS?

I created an answerhub question a few days ago so sorry for the duplication but realised it probably makes more sense to ask this kind of question here as more a general discussion rather than specific technical problem.

So yeah, does the google vr plugin work when running on iOS for anyone? For me (after eventually working through error after error) I can load the app on my phone but it always crashes after the splash screen. A user in a different thread has said it works for them in 4.21 when building from their mac, but has anyone had success using remote compilation from a windows machine?

I tested today building from a mac and everything worked as expected on an iPhone 7. So seems like the problem is with using remote compilation from a windows machine.

Using the mac to watch console live as running the app built from windows I was also able to see an error that hadn’t been showing in the logs. I didn’t save the full output unfortunately but the error occurred after some google-vr initialisation steps and was

NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[NSURL initFileURLWithPath:]: nil string parameter

Another separate issue is that the build didn’t work on an iPhone XR, would crash immediatley after splash. Read somewhere else that it might be because google plugin/sdk doesn’t support the new models.

It is no longer supported since 4.22 :frowning:

See the 4.22 release notes:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/announcements-and-releases/1598851-unreal-engine-4-22-released

Thanks for this. I’d been meaning to have a look at 4.22 release notes but hadn’t got around to it.

Even though it’s no longer supported in 4.22 should it still work using old version of the engine in which it has previously eorked? Or does the fact that those old engine versions will be using old versions of the plugin and hence old versions of sdk mean that’s not necessarily the case?

does the fact that those old engine versions will be using old versions of the plugin and hence old versions of sdk mean that’s not necessarily the case?