Is Epic Games Launcher capping my download speed, or are the servers just being slow?

I am in the process of download versions 4.7 down to probably 4.1 of the engine, and while I’m certainly not downloading at a slow speed, I wouldn’t mind downloading a little bit faster, as there are a few things that I need to get done today with the older versions. I am currently downloading the engine at ~3 MB/s (which is the highest I’ve ever seen), but I can get speeds upwards of 12 MB/s with torrents & other things. I can download other things simultaneously at a much higher speed than the engine, and my speed just kind of sits there at 3 MB/s (It won’t even fluctuate that much at all). Am I expecting a little too much from the servers? Is there some sort of download cap that I can remove?

I also hit a ceiling at 3 MB/s.
Sometomes, the download speed fkluctuates a lot. For a minute only 600 KByte/s, then for some minutes 2.1 MByte/s, etc.

Same here.

This started around 4.10 P1 or so (the first time I noticed this). Before that time I got full speed (around 10 MB/s on my connection).

In my case, the transfer speed never exceeded 3MByte/s.
3 MB max, since version 4.0

Interesting… It’s good to see that I am not the only one having this issue. Now I am just wondering why…

Maybe they contracted a company to maintain their servers and its a matter of their terms and conditions…

On a sidenote: When I downloaded MGSV from steam, I had te same rates.
So, maybe its ISP related …?