After formatting, one of the first things to do was to download the launcher and install the engine. Problem is the installer errors out with IS-BV04 at about 80%. If I run ue4 from the editor executable it runs perfectly fine, but the launcher doesn’t recognise that, so it makes it hard to install plugins/update/have a quick launcher for my projects, etc.
I spent the last 3 days searching for a solution.
- Checking my hard drive as instructed by Epic at the error message. Filesystem is NTFS and there are no bad sectors.
- Doing a memtest as instructed by Epic at the error message. No problems found with my RAM.
- Specifically opened the ports in my firewall.
- Added excception to firewall for Epic Launcher.
- Turned off my anti-virus.
I run the installer again from scratch (re-downloading the entire thing (launcher and the UE4.25.3 from the library) and deleted it at every step). It always errors out.
The error in the logs is always
[0823/184443.658:ERROR:connection.cc(1954)] Cookie sqlite error 266, errno -2: disk I/O error, sql: -- sqlite3_open() [0823/184445.042:ERROR:connection.cc(1954)] Cookie sqlite error 266, errno -2: disk I/O error, sql: -- sqlite3_open()
in the cef3 log and
LogOnline: Warning: OSS: QueryItems request failed. An error occurred while communicating with the game servers: HTTP 414 response from https://catalog-public-service-prod06.ol.epicgames.com/catalog/api/shared/namespace/ue/bulk/items?id=huge hash
Is there anyone around that has an idea on how to fix that? Answerhub has no answers in the two times this thread was opened, besides the stuff that I already did.
Thanks in advance.