Download

Is anyone directed to any other links while using UE4 forums ?

This strange thing is happening after I went back home . I am using the same laptop . I have a strong antivirus protection . Is this happening to others too ? I am being directed to other links whenever I am clicking any post . It is happening sometimes not always but I am really concerned if it is any random event or does it happen to everybody ?I am at my home so I may not be prompt enough to reply beck. Thanks

Not happening to me.

I suggest running a Malwarebytes scan.

This sounds like the UDK hack all over again… But not seeing anything just yet!
Sure try malwarebytes / Kaspersky etc, but remember AV isn’t what it used to be.
So get out of the mindset of assuming strong anything. Some examples: 1 2 3 4 5.

This sounds like the UDK hack all over again… But not seeing anything just yet!
Sure try malwarebytes / Kaspersky etc, but remember AV isn’t what it used to be.
So get out of the mindset of assuming strong anything. Some examples: 1 2 3 4 5.

As soon as I logged in I was redirected to an online mega store . Should we inform the staff members before the site is hacked . and yes no virus found and nothing was quarantized . Thanks about malware both of you . Please do a double check on this . I don’t want a DDOS on the website with me knowing something fishy about it .

Thank You just quoted U to keep informed.

Just now I was redirected here https://www.amazon.co.uk/

I’ve never had this happen on these forums either.

Anything U can suggest franktech tells it is a well enough evidence something is going wrong and he tells me to notify the staffs.But I don’t want it to be a false alarm.

OK a proof 7ddd648213f2a8c140f0f511c724de893e3963cd.png

I flagged the original UDK hack to Epic and they were happy to get the notice.
But I first confirmed the hack using several different machines & browsers etc…
Still not seeing this issue… So there are URL’s embedded within each post too?

the url redirects me to the forum main page . Assume it happens to everyone . More requests than normally that happens. Bam!!! Site crashes due to a DDOS . I know about all these stuffs . I was a little hesitent in putting up this post first then I thought this can’t be a virus attack on my system well protected(What I consider as well protected)… Thanks , is there more evidence needed ?

Have you tried using different browsers?
Have you checked to see if a addon/extension/chrome_thingy was added that could be doing this?

Can you do a “inspect element”(FireFox speek) on the links.
(In FireFox: That shows the web code for that element so that you can inspect what it is and doing if you know what you are looking at(which I kinda don’y, But there may be something obviuse there).

HTH

Maybe you could PM “Alexander Paschall”](https://forums.unrealengine.com/member.php?8-Alexander-Paschall) to see what is needed?

Hey guys!
I’ll summon [MENTION=8]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION] just in case - better to be prepared!
However, it looks like malware problem on your PC. Does it happens in one browser all or off them? Does it happens on main PC or all of them and mobile devices too? Does it happens only on these forums or on other vBulettin forums too? Try this one(http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ in case link is modified)

Even PC refresh does not help.Another edit I do not have any other device. I am at home now . I shall have access to multiple devices only after I will go back to my University.

I was thinking of staying low for a few days first to see if there was really any development . Another thing happens when I log in .

And I was an idiot too telling others to remove links that I was able to see

I spoke with A GUPTA by PM and while there was a bit of language barrier, what I gathered was:

1. AV found no problems. 2. This wasn’t a rogue Browser add-on / plugin / Hosts file hack either…

Maybe check the laptop using a different ISP network in case of Router hijacking / DNS table hacks.

From the image above, it looks as though links are being embedded into posts at a web page level.
(This sounds quite similar to the original UDK hack iirc, which caused Epic to close the old forums).

I spoke with A GUPTA by PM and while there was a bit of a language barrier what I gathered was:

1. AV found no problems. 2. This wasn’t a rogue Browser add-on / plugin / Hosts file hack either…

Maybe check the laptop using a different ISP network in case of Router hijacking / DNS table hacks.

From the image above, it looks as though links are being embedded into posts at a web page level.
(This seems quite similar to the original UDK hack that caused Epic to close out the old forums iirc).