is AIPerception ready?

So i was wondering, the lack of documentation and tutorials, although it was mentioned in 4.7 but no further details given. Is this system ready? could we at least get a hint on how to use it?

Okay, i got it. this is some sort of aliens’ technology no one knows about.

I’ve been wondering this myself. Unofficially, I’ve heard it’s usable now and better than the old [FONT=Courier New]UPawnSensingComponent, but not completely finished. There is, as you’ve noticed, absolutely no documentation. I was going to tackle converting a project from [FONT=Courier New]UPawnSensingComponent, but haven’t found time yet. It’s on my list of things to do. Unfortunately, I think we have the choice right now of either diving in and learning it the hard way, waiting for somebody else to dive in and learn it the hard way, or wait for Epic to finish the documentation for it, all of which require time. :frowning:

I’ve been using it for months. I wouldn’t recommend using blueprint to use it though.

All my AI and perception stuff so far is C++ except the behavior trees and a couple of simple BTTasks, so that’s not a problem for me. Looking forward to deleting a bunch of code. :slight_smile:

Why wouldn’t you recommend using blueprints? even in 4.7?