Iray

I’m doing Arch viz and have an Nvidia Titan graphics card and I’ve seen a few articles and videos about Iray. Rather than being realistic it looks completely real.

Is there any way of using Iray in Ue4? Probably not in real time, but perhaps in a rendered out video? Does UE4 do rendered out video rather than realtime gameplay video capture?

iRay is not a fast renderer–it uses GPU acceleration but still takes a while to render an image, there’s not much reason to have it in UE4, if you want to use iRay you can use license it or use 3ds Max which includes it as a render choice (except for the newest 2017 version)

If you’re looking for something fast, look into use VXGI—it’s dynamic global illumination by Nvidia that’s available for UE4, you can increase the quality if you’re doing video or still image renders and it would be much much faster than rendering in iRay though of course it’s not as high quality, but it might be good enough for your uses. Information about it is here: NVIDIA GameWorks Integration - General Discussion - Unreal Engine Forums
What you have to do to use it is download the Nvidia branch of UE4 and compile the engine.

Thanks. Is compiling the engine a complex process?

Hi,
I’m using UE 5.2 and Daz Studio.
IRay is much faster and more realistic than Path Tracing in UE5.2.
So why isn’t Nvidia providing the IRAY plugin to Unreal Engine?
Substance Painter uses IRay
Reallusion exists an IRay plugin
Many CADs have IRay

I’m not talking about real-time speed for games, but for movie animation.

Ray /path tracing is good for almost any object, but for human skin/eyes it’s terrible.

yes I know metahuman is good, but you had to cheat to get a good result.

All 3d creation tools use IRay and no ray/path tracing so the problem is when exporting in UE5 the material is too different, mostly for human skin and eyes

With Daz studio IRay , it is possible to take a true picture of true human skin and put on model . Try with UE5.2 path tracing …!

With Daz Studio IRay and rtx4090 it is possible to render a 8K scene ( 7680x4320) with 5 HD models Genesis8.1 Div2 with real skin in only 30sec whith perfect quality . Try with UE5.2 path tracing…!

So Why No IRay plugin in UE ?

Why are you asking me?

Also, if you want an alternative renderer for Unreal there’s Vray which has an Unreal plugin

Ho, Thanks very much, I Will try as soon as possible :slight_smile: