IPlatformFile, FPlatformFileManager class constructors fail on Android

While porting a plugin to the Android platform, I’ve observed that these two classes appear to fail to construct correctly when run in the Android environment.

I can confirm that with the appropriate android manifest updates (adding android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) it is possible to , write to and create files using standard Linux methods (i.e. std::ifstream, methods from the ‘dirent.h’ library).

These classes work perfectly fine on OSX and Windows, and they appear to have particular provisions in the source code for iOS (although I may be reading that wrong). Is this a known limitation, or perhaps are there additional setup steps for Android which I might have missed?

Hey -

What plugin were you using? Do you have a sample project with this behavior or can provide steps to follow to set up a reproduction case? Can you explain exactly what is happening as well as what you feel should happen in this case?

Additionally, iIn order to better assist you, I’m going to need for you to provide me the logs from your mobile device.

• Attach your phone to the computer
  • Go here: C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools
  • Open up Monitor.bat
  • Launch the program and save the logs

If you cannot get Monitor.bat to open, please go to:

• C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\lib\monitor-x86
  • Open up Monitor.exe
  • Follow the instructions above

Make sure that you highlight all of the logs, because they do not save unless they’re highlighted.

Hi ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.