IOS11 ARkit?

Has anyone happened to experience this issue when trying to launch to device (see screenshot)? It looks like there is a missing file “ARKit/ARKit.h” which I’m not finding anywhere. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks much!

Working on a 10.12.5 Mid 2012 with iPhone 7 iOS11, xCode 9
Nvidia Geforce GT 650M
Intel HD Graphics 4000

@Arepeegee
I experienced this, I have to re-run the following as it was still pointing at the standard xcode on my machine:
sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer

The fix for Nvidia Macs running 10.12.5 is available in Github now (472a4d8). There are other known issues with Nvidia in the current 10.13 Beta that fell out of investigating this so I’d advise against running UE4 on an Nvidia using that OS build for now.

Thank you Ben! Up and running now!

Thanks for the fix @marksatt-pitbull
Unfortunately I’m still experiencing issues on my Nvidia-based machine. I posted the crash info here.

After running ‘Setup.command’, and executing ‘GenerateProjectFiles.command’ I get the following error on:

This is forked from ‘dev-ar-kit’. Any ideas?

Hi @marksatt-pitbull :slight_smile:

I just wondering if any docs about ARKit UE4 wrapper available? I spent couple of hours but can’t find any information about mapping light estimation (received from ARKit system) to UE4 light source. I saw checkbox in plugin settings, but can’ find any methods/components/etc. Thank you!

I have the same issue. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just wanted to follow up regarding the NVidia-based shader compiling issue. I posted a new bug report with full output log here: ARKit - ARSample - Failed to compile global shader - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I compose everything found in BP ARkit wrapper and known issues here GitHub - ludenio/UE4ARKit: Structures and dependencies of Apple ARKit wrapper in UE4 (temporal sol. Hope it’ll be useful as temporal documentation.

Got the sample running on an Nvidia based mbp

Anyone know how to speed up compiling shaders ?

I am getting the error Software Development Kit (SDK) not found. Please install the SDK for the iOS target platform. I can seem to figure out how to do this or fix this. Has anyone else had this same error?

If you’ve installed the Xcode beta, rename it from Xcode-beta.app to just Xcode.app. Unreal can’t find the SDK otherwise.

That shouldn’t be necessary no? The documentation states this, maybe he forgot a step

I’m personally having issues buliding ARSample in Xcode, build errors stating it can’t create files/directories because of permission errors. The user account directory of the error message looks weird /myname.htmlyer/ ? I’m not currently running high but I will attempt to install that to see if it remedies this problem.

Shouldn’t be. But I had to do it. Search the Unreal source, and you’ll find that path hard-coded in the IOS SDK check in IOSTargetPlatform.cpp. It might only fail if you’ve never installed Xcode prior to the beta.

I tried doing the terminal step from the beginning. I tried renaming the beta like you suggested and still nothing. Although before I tried that step, now it is just saying Provision not found and Signing key not found. So I may have another problem all together. All of my mobile provisions are saying No Valid Certificate Found, even on other projects.

So did installing high solve your error? I’m currently having tons of errors spit at me by Xcode when i try to compile ARSample.

So XCode 9 Beta 3 is Broken on the metalrhi.cpp compile it seems according to the forums. Seems like Epic did a commit that fixed similar issue on Beta 2 and everyone whos getting this working is on Beta 2??
Anyone have a copy of Beta 2 still sitting around? I found a torrent of it somewhere but no seeders and dont trust it

i have downloaded the beta2 by changing the charater"3" to “2” in the beta3 download url

@marksatt-pitbull: your fix work on my rig, :confused: dunno, ue4 just crashes on launch.