iOS shipping builds failing on UE 5.3

Hello all,

I followed instructions on a similar thread https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/ios-build-for-distribution-in-5-3/1295477 and followed the instructions of the selected answer, but ran into another issue. I’m getting the following error and I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered it and has a solution, it’s driving me crazy.

xcodebuild: error: The file “BuildProductsPath” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.: The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory

The error occurs during the xcodebuild archive step. I’m trying to package a first person template just to make it as simple as possible. The development packaging works fine, I assume because it doesn’t do an archive. I’ve looked at the SYMROOT being passed in the command and it’s a valid directory, I think that’s what BuildProductsPath refers too. I know there was a recent update to xCode so in a little bit I’m going to try packaging on an older version, but any help would be appreciated as I am running low on sanity.

I also tried disabling use modern xCode as the other thread suggests near the bottom, but ran into a different issue when I tried to set icons so it could be uploaded to the ios store, but I may bounce back to that soon if I still can’t get this to work.

I haven’t packaged a UE game for iOS before so, it’s seems to be a bad time to try.

2 Likes

Same problem, reinstalled, fresh thirdperson template, modern code, bp only, cpp build, I tried everything. Ended up backporting my project to 5.2 and it worked right away

I don’t know what Epic was thinking with the new “modernized” workflow. In 5.2.1 I had no significant problems getting my app into the app store or testing it on my devices. In 5.3.1 it no longer works at all. I’ve tried everything but I get more error messages than anything else. Even if I deactivate the “Modern Workflow” nothing works. Therefore my advice for IOS users is to honestly use the old 5.2.

1 Like

With Unreal Engine 5.3.2 we have finally no problems. Same with Modern XCode. Very good Job Epic!

1 Like

I still have problems…says no provision found.

i dont see UE5.3.2 in epic launcher… your UE5.3.2 built from source?

Ive updated it over the epic launcher!

I hate staying on the bleeding edge

I miss Ue4 4.27.2 because everything worked

I have been trying to build to iOS for over 4 days, i am almost giving up. after completing all provisioning, certification and endless errors, now while packaging, it keeps on running forever but with no results, i even kept the PCs working overnight with no hope!
there isn’t any error to highlight, rather BUILD SUCCEEDED!

The little pop up on the right keeps on running “packaging project for iOS”

This is a desparate reply!

UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):                             (d1135a4c-bdec-4808-94e6-f2ab2f6b6bd4)
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):       /usr/bin/codesign --force --sign 3524EEADED5FE8A90545AD0F4D692D9B3DB6CE5A --generate-entitlement-der --deep --entitlements /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Intermediate/ProjectFilesIOS/build/IOsTest.build/Development-iphoneos/IOsTest.build/IOsTest.app.xcent --timestamp\=none --generate-entitlement-der /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Binaries/IOS/Payload/IOsTest.app
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   RegisterExecutionPolicyException /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Binaries/IOS/Payload/IOsTest.app (in target 'IOsTest' from project 'IOsTest')
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):       cd /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Intermediate/ProjectFilesIOS
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):       builtin-RegisterExecutionPolicyException /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Binaries/IOS/Payload/IOsTest.app
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   Validate /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Binaries/IOS/Payload/IOsTest.app (in target 'IOsTest' from project 'IOsTest')
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):       cd /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Intermediate/ProjectFilesIOS
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):       builtin-validationUtility /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Binaries/IOS/Payload/IOsTest.app
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   Touch /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Binaries/IOS/Payload/IOsTest.app (in target 'IOsTest' from project 'IOsTest')
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):       /usr/bin/touch -c /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Binaries/IOS/Payload/IOsTest.app
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   ** BUILD SUCCEEDED **
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   Executing /Users/Humam/UE5/Builds/R5900X/C/Users/golde/Documents/UE5.3/IOsTest/Intermediate/Build/IOS/arm64/IOsTest/Development/CleanProject.sh
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   [4/4] WriteMetadata IOsTest.target
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   Total time in Parallel executor: 113.34 seconds
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   Total execution time: 130.09 seconds
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): [Remote] Downloading C:\Users\golde\Documents\UE5.3\IOsTest\Intermediate\Remote\IOsTest\IOS\Development\Manifest.xml
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS): [Remote] Downloading build products
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   receiving file list ... done
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   Binaries/IOS/IOsTest
UATHelper: Packaging (IOS):   Binaries/IOS/IOsTest.stub
LogDerivedDataCache: C:/Users/golde/AppData/Local/UnrealEngine/Common/DerivedDataCache: Maintenance finished in +00:01:01.061 and deleted 0 files with total size 0 MiB and 0 empty folders. Scanned 33062 files in 31173 folders with total size 487 MiB.

Are you using the Remote function for Packaging?
Try the deployment without using Remote with a fresh project. When it works come back! Iam also used remote for a while, but now I work with Github Version Control. It’s a way faster and works like a charm included backups and change logging.

Yes, i was using remote packaging, also note that even an empty project build requires mac (unlike what is told that BP only doesn’t require Mac).
in any case, i think the reason is that i need an actual Mac right next to me rather than VM over the internet (if i am mistaken please correct me).

Do I understand correctly that you are using a rented MacOs server for packaging, not your own Mac? Unfortunately, I have no experience with this and would hate to immediately call it impossible. Is your project a iOS port or already well advanced, or your very first project? For the last one, I would otherwise recommend, develop you’re Project only for Android first. It’s less complicated and later, you can easily port it for iOS with a real Mac setup. Trust me.