iOS Inputs not working on deployed Build

Hi guys

Having an in issue with my packaged build on iOS.
Finally got my app onto the iPhone via test flight, and thought I was onto a winner with it. But none of my inputs work. I am using the “get motion state” node on an event tick to deck if the phone has been shook, and a few UMG Widget button, none of which are working on the deployed build. However, when I run it via the uRemote 2 app, it works perfectly, ignoring the lag in the network.

I have this working on an android build, so I know that my blueprints do work, it just seems to not like it on iOS.

I have went through and tried multiple combinations of the input settings as well as just enabling all apple plugins, but I am running at a brick wall at the moment.

Anything I have come across on the forums etc I have tried, but to no luck.
Enable mouse as input, making widgets focusable, etc

Is there something incredibly obvious I am missing when it comes to iOS ?

The App was originally built as blueprint only, but has been migrated into a xcode project. UE 4.27, Xcode 12.4, iphone x on iOS 14.8.

If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appeciated, I am running out of sanity

Thanks

Bump Bump Bump

Any have any ideas ? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply Hampijke :smiley:

I have mine set up with The Click/pressed events and an event tick in the Widget Blueprint. Pretty much everything is done in my widget blueprint at the moment. Should have attached some images to show the set up, so including them here.

Did you have the issue on exclusively iOS as well? So it required you to have a different set up for the inputs ?

If I understand you correctly. The way round it is to have all the inputs run through the levelBP/Gamemode and cast to the widget?

Hi.

Are you using InputTouch also mixed with EventTick somewhere in level blueprint? May be get motion state can also make something like that.

I just remember to face similar problem. And my problem was that InputTouch mixed with EventTick in a gate was blocking my all other touch inputs - so umg I had before game start was also not working (U press button but it makes nothing at all).

So the solution was to make all thins connected to touch events in blueprint and levelblueprint having Branch that was returning false until all umg operations where made.