iOS input broken until Locking/Unlocking Phone

I’m testing a packaged app through apple’s test flight, and the aspect ratio and touch inputs don’t work until I lock and then unlock the phone. Specifically the right touch joystick doesn’t register, the left can only be controlled by touching above it, and the “constrain aspect ratio” on my player camera seems to turn off. Locking/Unlocking the phone fixes all of these problems. I think it might have to do with my lack of main menu, but I’m very new to packaging for iOS. Any help is appreciated!

My reddit thread here includes pictures.

Edit: I’ve spent the day working on it. I tried starting on a main menu level, but the UI only level has the same issue. It’s as if it’s stuck in fullscreen on my phone until I leave the app and return (both by locking the phone and swiping out). I tried to turrn off full screenmode at begin play which also had no effect. I still suspect my full screen hunch is more accurate but don’t know where to turn next.

Also it takes quite a while to upload a build to test flight, so to avoid I’m trying to be very intentional with my testing.

Does anyone know if there’s something that happens or if there is logic that is run when I lock and unlock the phone?