IOS - Failed to connect to bundle

Hello, I am trying to package or launch my project to IOS. I’ve done it before and it worked but suddenly, I am facing this error and could not find any solutions to it yet. So error is shown below.

So I get this error when I try to launch project to my Iphone XR with IOS 13.3.1 version. My XCode version is 11.3.1 and Unreal version is 4.23.1. I can successfully package and upload my project to app store, but it fails to run on device and crashes when Unreal logo is shown.

Tried these;

I tried changing bundle, certificate, identifier from scratch, same error,
I tried changing XCode to version to 10.3, same error,
I tried changing the project to c++ and build with xcode, same error,
I tried upgrading to ue 4.24 and same error,
I tried restarting everything, same error

UPDATE

Tried launching an empty project to my phone, same error

Thanks in advance

Fixed by reinstalling everything. Dont know why

Hello, I have exactly the same issue…

Sounds like a hard fix … By “everything” you mean: UE and XCode ?

I work from windows with a remote Mac to compile. Do you work directly with unreal on Mac ?

Thanks for sharing your experience !

Hi, I work on a macbook. I use ue 4.23 and it’s compatible with xcode 10.3 so, I deleted xcode and ue4. Deleted all certificates, provisions and others both from mac and developer console. Installed xcode 10.3 and then installed ue 4.23. Then I started over with the certificates with a new bundle id and new provisions. Then it started working.

I also had this or a very similar issue/error message. I don’t know if it was exactly the same but maybe my weird workaround could help others.

While trying to launch to device (in my case an iPad) unreal is generating a projectname_iOS.xcworkspace file in the same directory as the projectname.xcworkspace file. In my case that file was generated at the time I was asked to input my apple password. But just keep an eye on that folder and when you see that file popping up you have to right click and then duplicate it. Let unreal launch further on until it fails. then open the projectname_iOS.xcworkspace file in Xcode and build it. Xcode build that projects. The startup failed for me and I had to go to settings → general → device management (I don’t know how accurately I translated that points because my system is in German) and open the entry there and allow launching that project on my device. After that I tried to launch it again in Xcode and it opened something. I closed that and went back to unreal and launched it from unreal to my device which now worked.

I still don’t know what the issue was exactly. Maybe some incompatibility between unreal and Xcode so unreal wasn’t able to ask for permission properly… I hope it helps someone!