iOS crash on Launch with Distribution package

Thank you again for pointing out that the Generate Chunks option was a deciding factor in the app crashing or not. After taking a look at the logs in conjunction with knowing that, one of our iOS platform developers noticed that it is an issue with a lack of content when generating chunks. In this case, the data being packaged for the app isn’t large enough for a chunk to be generated which results in the app not having any data. When the app attempts to pop up with an error due to the lack of data, it crashes due to the Push Notifications being disabled.

A fix is on its way for the Generate Chunks issue not generating anything without a certain amount of content and I should be able to provide you with a GitHub link for that sometime later today so you can integrate it if you would like. I’ll update here whenever I have a hold of that.

Looks like the PR is for the message crash itself rather than the chunking problem. Here’s a link to it: .com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2547

Is there a way I can get the change from Perforce? We have usually used Perforce to get our Unreal versions and I don’t have a Github account even setup.

The change has yet to be integrated into the engine, as it was proposed by a user and is under review, so there isn’t a changelist for it quite yet. If you need the change immediately, then making a Github account and linking it to your Epic Games account would be the best option. Once the change has been integrated I’ll be able to provide you with the changelist here but until then, Github is the only option.