iOS CodeSign Error UE4.23

Hey guys,

So i am on the last step of creating a blueprint project for mobile before I go to testing and I am having problems on the last step of the ios build when packaging my project. I have a valid ios developer account. I have previously built my project successfully in the development stage and deployed a working ipa to my iphone several times. I have been trying to come up with a solution for this problem for several weeks now and now I have run out of things to try. I am building my project on windows for android and ios. I have remote build installed and working connection between my pc and mac in order to accomplish ios builds and have also installed my development and distribution certs in my keychain and on pc. When i get to the 7/8 step of the ios build process in the log I keep getting a codesign error. I have tried everything from re-installing certs, revoking and installing new certs, using ‘always allow’ preference on my certs instead of system defaults and a bunch of other workarounds but haven’t been successful. Has anyone else recieved this error and found a solution? I appreciate any help as I am past my deadline and need to come up with a solution that works to generate my distribution ipa file soon. So close to being finished. (Note that the xxxx denotes project names or ids)

Thanks

–ERROR LOG SNIPPET–

UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Warning: unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer “iPhone Distribution: xxxxxx (xxxxxx)”
PackagingResults: Warning: unable to build chain to self-signed root for signer “iPhone Distribution: xxxxxx (xxxxxx)”
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): /Users/royal/UE4/Builds/DESKTOP-4O1VIV5/C/xxxxx_4.23/Binaries/IOS/Payload/xxxxxx.app: errSecInternalComponent
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS):
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ** BUILD FAILED **
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): The following build commands failed:
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): CodeSign /Users/xxxx/UE4/Builds/DESKTOP-4O1VIV5/C/xxxxx/Binaries/IOS/Payload/xxxxx.app
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): (1 failure)
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Executing /Users/royal/UE4/Builds/DESKTOP-4O1VIV5/C/xxxxxxx_4.23/Intermediate/Build/IOS/xxxx/Shipping/CleanProject.sh
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ERROR: Unhandled exception: System.Exception: ** BUILD FAILED **
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.IOSToolChain.PostBuildSync (UnrealBuildTool.IOSPostBuildSyncTarget Target) [0x00a28] in <01f5ae2ee88a40c6ae6ff27ae4175900>:0
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.IOSPostBuildSyncMode.Execute (Tools.DotNETCommon.CommandLineArguments Arguments) [0x00018] in <01f5ae2ee88a40c6ae6ff27ae4175900>:0
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main (System.String] ArgumentsArray) [0x00291] in <01f5ae2ee88a40c6ae6ff27ae4175900>:0
PackagingResults: Error: Unhandled exception: System.Exception: ** BUILD FAILED **
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): [Remote] Downloading C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.23\UBT-xxxxx-IOS-Shipping_2_Remote.txt
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Total execution time: 158.79 seconds
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Took 158.9258525s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=7
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.23\UBT-xxxxx-IOS-Shipping_2.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=7 (7)
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

1 Like

That’s a tricky one, because errSecInternalComponent isn’t super obvious about what it is.

I found several possible answers in this thread, which may help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/…ternalcomponen

Unfortunately a lot of UE’s build process is tied into MacOS security features, so building for Mac and iOS will always be a bit more difficult.

Hmm okay I will try a few of those things mentioned today and see how it goes

1 Like

Did it work? How? heheh I’m having the same problem. I’m using a mac to build to iOS.