IOS Certificate Validation problems with packaging

Hi.

I would like to bring to your attention that packaging for IOS is broken in terms of cert validation checks.
I am not sure where the certificate needs to check the time but it appears as if it is trying to do so in a different time zone.

My cert was issues at 4pm and when trying to use this certificate with UE4 i am getting a message stating that the time in UTC is now only 12pm.

As you can imagine i do not wish to wait 4 hours every time i switch certificates just to deploy to a device.
If there are any workarounds for this it would much appreciated if they are communicated.

This problem did not exist prior to 4.5 which makes me believe somewhere something must have changed during the update.

I believe this is strictly the way you do cert validation checks.

CertIssues.jpg

I would also like to point out that after i initially waited 2 hours the cert stopped working. UE4 said the bundle name changed. Which i did not change.

After issuing a new cert now i must wait 4 hours.

Howdy Crocopede,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Would you be able to include your entire build failed log? Just want to look at the entire error so that I may get a better idea of what exactly is occurring.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Sean.

Please have a look at these and let me know if you need any other ones.
Also i made another post but will delete it.

I can no longer package for IOS.
It keeps failing now. And when assigning a new provision profile i get those issues as posted above in the screenshot about the UTC time.

Other post stated

What is strange is that it states during the build Found matching certificate 'iPhone Developer:
But after it fails it says
Device ‘blah blah’ is being checked against . <— why is this blank? Should it be blank? Please guys. I am on the verge of launch and now i am no longer able to test on mobile.
I checked all certs. I logged another bug where its doing validation checks against UTC time and not my current time. Was this hard coded with the new release?

link text

Here is the feedback i get from setting up provision profiles.

link text

Hi Sean. I am liaising with another Epic member.
This was discussed but i am still unclear regarding the UTC time conversion and the problems that poses.

ok. I found why the build was failing. The images in the Build\IOS\Resources\Graphics caused this After i deleted them did the build start working.
Build\IOS\Resources\Graphics Default-Iphone6.png Default-Iphone6Plus-LandScape.png Default-Iphone6Plus-Portrait.png
However now im confused about how to get Iphone6 splash screens. But lets not detract.
I would like to confirm if it converts to UTC time… do i really have to wait 2 hours for a brand new cert before it becomes active according to the check?
I think how its being converted is faulty. It should take into account the local time or do a check against a TSA (time stamping authority) of sorts.
I am only 2 hours. But there are people 13 hours +UTC

Hi Sean. I think close this one. Pete was able to establish that the certs are in fact not being converted correctly to UTC time. Apologies for the double post.

Howdy Crocopede,

Glad to hear that you were able to establish the certs. Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for having this fixed in 4.5.1
Much appreciated

I believe there are still some datetime-related issues with checking iOS certificates. Please see my question here: