[ios]automation tool failed to run under distribution mode

Well, actually I know what’s the problem-------It said the codesign failed, for the reason that I’m using the development certificate, not the distribution certificate. Now what I need to do is to switch the certifcate to the distribution one. But I don’t know how to switch it. Here is a picture of the certificate importing in ue4:

Thanks for help guys!

Hey ,

When you switch your building preference to shipping or development, the provision should switch which mobile provision you’re using once you’ve changed your building configuration under project settings > packaging.

If you have any further questions, please let us know. Thanks!

Thanks for replie . I switched to distribution mode and I event clicked “for distribution”, but the chosen certificate is still the development one. Here is a pic:

Now my problem is when I upload my game to itunes connect apple sent me an email and it said my binary file is invalid. PLEASE HELP

Hey ,

Do you have more information to go on other than ‘binary file is invalid’? Do you have any sort of log, or screenshot of the warning/message?

I believe you may be seeing this, but without further information I am not entirely sure.

[How do I resolve the Invalid Signature binary rejection?][1]

Invalid Signature - Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose “Clean All” in Xcode, delete the “build” directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

Technical Q&A QA1510: Resolving the Invalid Signature binary rejection

Thanks for replie! That is the email I received. But now what do I need to do is to switch the certificate from development to distribution in ue4. And that’s the question asked below with pictures. thanks!

Inside of the File|Package|Package Settings is a a check box for Distribution. You need to ensure that is enabled (that will automatically switch the configuration to shipping). You also need to make sure you have a mobile provision with a fully qualified App ID (for example: com.epicgames.TappyChicken). You are not allowed to use a wildcard provision in this case. Then make a build using File|Package|IOS. This should build both armv7 and arm64. Note: both architectures are required to be in the IPA, so if you have disabled one of them for the shipping build in the Project Settings, you will need to re-enable it (if this is a content only project, then you should be fine).

-Pete

Thanks! But how can I switch a provisioning file? I imported again but it stiIl points to the wildcard one.
Thanks for replie! :slight_smile:

Hello? I really need your help!

Hey ,

Please provide us your log from File > Package build, because it’ll show us which provision it’s selecting and we’ll be able to assist you further.

Thanks!

[link text][1]

56962-ue4gameprojectfilegeneratormodulerulessourcefiles.txt (40.8 KB)

I packed again under shipping mode but the iTunes connect stiIl told me that the certificate is invalid for distribution and the iOS settings still shows that the selected certificate is the developer one. Now could you please give me a solution about changing the certificate?

And I don’t know how to export the package log.

The log provided isn’t the one that we need. We need the actual from the packaging process. Please provide the log of the File|Package build process.

Here is a [link to documentation][1], which may provide you better steps than before.

Thanks!

A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hello, I change in Build to “Shipping” and I also open UE in “Development” mode but I still get the following error:
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ERROR: Cook failed.
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): (see /Users/Palomo/Library//Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/Log.txt for full exception trace)
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
PackagingResults: Error: Cook failed.
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
PackagingResults: Error: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Cook Failure

I don’t know if someone could help me. Thank you!