Invisible platform under my mesh game breaker.

Alright so before i get asked the 1 million $ question… No i dont know how im recreating this bug… but it keeps on happening now and then.

So here it is, I made a trap BP with an ON begin overlap event (trigger switch) and when the character is falling in those traps well he/she dies. Now ive place some a bit everywhere in my level. There is one place where i have a platform in the middle of the hole and sometimes when i fall in there my character steps on this invisible platform underneath the actual platform or even better he falls in the spikes … loses all of is hp so i know the trigger happened but he is still alive! it happens once or twice on 10 tries, I think it has something to do with the controls… does Ue4 go crazy when you try to jump/run while moving forward? Ive seem to be able to recreate it more often when doing so. Also i don’t know if its important to mention that i already did check all of my collision preset for my meshes and everything works fine… and i even checked some moving platform in the surrounding see if they didn’t collide with this one. P:S :My level is a bit under the grid of the map … could that be the source of the problem??
Hope someone Knows how to fix this game breaker:(
thank you!

EDIT : It always happen when holding down the moving forward key and running at the same time.

Hi Deathscyp,

• Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
  • Can you show me screenshots of your blueprint setup for the spike trap, player character death sequcne, as well as the platform that causes the problem?
  • What is your killZ set to?
  • Do you have any blocking volumes/other volumes overlapping the area that may be interfering with the desired behavior?
  • Does the editor produce any warnings or errors when you attempt to interact with the trap?

Hey ,

So far it happens in my own project…

There is no platform blueprint. it is just a static mesh.

My killz is set up way bellow the targeted area

I have one blocking volume in this level but its very far from the targeted area

No warning at all reported by the editor…

My project is fairly clean as it is I didn’t import mush in there since my last project got some problem with migrating stuff so i didn’t migrate nothing in this project so far. I have 2 spike trap next to one another so i posted the collision preset so maybe that could be the problem in some what matter.
Thank you for the repply

bump:(
Anything else you could suggest ??

Hi Deathscyp,

Please do not bump threads that have not gone unanswered for at least 4 or more days from the most recent post. This clutters the answerhub and makes it more difficult to parse through information. We typically do not have staff available on weekends to assist on bugs and requests.

With the dead scene, have you tried adding a reset? I believe the error you may be seeing is that you kill the player, however you have not reset the do Once, so when you hit the volume again it cannot fire the functionality. Try this to see if it addresses your error.

Oh ya it was weekend sorry about that!. I thought my answer wasn’t showing since ive put it in comment instead of answer. Wont happen again.

Regarding the do once … well with the reset I can re trigger the dead scene so at least now the player will eventually die(Thanks for that). But I can still occasionally step on that invisible platform. Well almost every try if im still pressing forward while stepping in that particular trap.

Can you show me a screenshot of the location or provide me with a sample project where this is occurring? I’d be happy to take a look and see what may be occurring.

Hi Deathscyp,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.