Inventory system - show icon, description and quantity (Unreal 5.2) - guidance needed

Hi all, I’ve been trying to construct a working inventory now from blueprint tutorials for the better part of a year, and can’t get any of them to actually work for me. I’m missing something fundamental in the way this works.

Most recently I tried following a tutorial posted here, but I want my items in specific slots, and this used an expanding grid panel that I believe adds them in order of being picked up and doesn’t collect all of one type into one slot. I also couldn’t get the icon to pull through from my game instance, even when I used that exact code (it was in there but was all black, not showing text or the icon). I tried using ‘image’ and ‘texture 2D’ with the brush, and neither worked.

Can someone please take a look at my blueprints and tell me what I need to do in order to get this information from my game instance into my inventory, so I can finish my project? Every tutorial is so different and puts the code in different places, or contains bugs, which makes it very hard to take info from one and translate into another to build the mechanic I want.

Hey @JasonDiesALot I have marked up 2 of your images. I am wondering if the variable you are populating and clearing that is Vertical Box, is that correct one? From what I am seeing your visual vertical box, and variable your using seems to be different.

Hey there, thanks for the reply. I hadn’t compiled the BP after renaming it for clarity, but it is actually the right variable.