Invalid Lightmap settings?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, I’m new to Unreal Engine, and I’m getting a few errors. I’ve looked up solutions for this both on youtube as well as here in the Unreal Engine forums. I was able to find similar posts but the solutions applied to older versions of Unreal.

I am running Unreal Engine 4.6.1. I have a few objects in my scene, and I’m getting 3 errors for each of those objects.

The errors are:

1. Object has wrapping UVs.
  2. Object has overlapping UVs.
  3. Lightmap UV are overlapping by 33.6% Please adjust content - Enable Error Coloring to Visualize.

Here are some images that might help-
UV Channel 1:
://i.imgur/De1NZpm.png

UV Channel 2:
://i.imgur/vADUfAi.png

and i’m also getting this error across some of my objects "Invalid Lightmap settings:
://i.imgur/GLpUo7h.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeff

1/2/3. You have to create a proper lightmap -> ://,
4. just do a double click onto the mesh and in the right properties window you have to choose a lightmap resolution 32,64,128,… :slight_smile:

you should also set your “lighmap coordinate index” to 1 so its using the correct UV, right now yours is set to 0.

Hi Jeff,

Looking at your first image I can see that while you’ve got the two UVs the wrong one is assigned to the lightmap coordinate index. Right now it is set to 0 when it should be set to 1 to make use of the second UV channel.

Lightmap Coordinate Index will be located under the details panel in the mesh editor > Static mesh Settings > Advanced Tab drop down > Lightmap Coordinate Index

Let me know if you have any other issues with this and I can help clarify. :slight_smile:

Edit:

@: Man, you beat me by a few second. :wink: