Internal Support Meshes for Destructables?

Does anybody know how to set the internal/support mesh for a destructible?

I have a concrete block that has a re-bar structure inside, How can I set up my destructible actor so that only the concrete is chunked and is supported by the re-bar. Both objects are part of the same .FBX file.

I’ve looked into the WorldSupport feature, but that’s not really a viable solution as the entire support structure will be inside the destructible part of the mesh. Gears of War 2 had some Road-Block like structures in them that had a fully destroyed mesh housed inside, and the outer concrete around it would fall off in pieces. Such a thing must be possible in UE4 without blueprinting right?

Also to add to this, my mesh only fractures downwards in the Z-Direction. Is there no way to fracture it through multiple planes?

Hi Jamsh,

Have you attempted utilizing the support depth and minimum fracture depth features in the “Special Hierarchy Depths” section of your destructible mesh? Perhaps these could be of help to you?

Hi

I’ve looked at it briefly but there’s currently no example of such a type of destruction in content examples, and there doesn’t seem to be any documentation on the new fracture tool at all, so I’m not really sure what I’m adjusting or doing with it at the moment.