Interior + exterior archviz

This is my first UE4 scene. I started with “Lightroom” scene by Koola. Addded there my objects and start to experiment. I deleted all reflectors. Globally the scene lighted by skylight (with hdri) and sun.
At the moment I try to setup translucent vegetation materials, *also matinee animation is poor (is there becuase of GTX660, or a lot of polygons. All settings are epic)*FIXED.
Maybe matinee needs a delay 10-15sec for loading water shaders and textures. Is there the way to add a delay or shift all animation forward?*FIXED.

Video updated. But in vimeo it worse than original.

Updated to 970gtx!!!
Rendered in 2560*1440 jpeg sequence. And composed together in Adobe Premier Pro. 1920p60

Some bugs included. Like crazy shrubs.

Congratulation!!! Good Work!

It is not finished yet

Looking good! Try and export matinee as .png sequence.

I start to export.

1. As .png (was .jpg)
  2. 25601440 resolution (was 1280720)
  3. 60fps (was 25)

While it exports, I can see, that water material by this tutorial fully loads at 15-25 second of video.

Q: Can I reduce noise in blurry reflections? Make it smoother.

I tried .png , But I ran out of memory on my HDD. I export to .jpg with extra resolution -> batch change image size to sequence in photoshop -> Put them together to .avi
Looks much better.

Updated.

Too much flickering. I’ve never successfully exported an image sequence. I think it does not take into account temporal AA when it saves screenshots 1 by 1 (it’s the problem with highresshot). I raise my settings to the top and use shadowplay right now. That way Temporal AA is fully on. I bought a gtx 980 for that but I would need a Titan actually!

Maybe the new sequencer (replacing matinee) will improve on that. I think .exr export is supported. Check it out.

Edit : yea, taken from the 4.11 preview thread

Sequencer improvements
New tracks: Shot/director, play rate, slomo, fade, material, particle parameter tracks.
Improved movie rendering, exr support
Improved/consistent keyframing behaviors, copy/paste keyframes, copy keys from matinee, 3d keyframe path display
Master sequence workflow
Spawnables workflow
UI improvements: track coloring, keyframe shapes/coloring, track filtering

Unfortunately, I have 660gtx onboard. It cannot render this scene realtime in good quality.
Last file (test3) was exported without AA 1280720. It was “draft quality”
Previous scene (test2) was exported with 2560
1440. And antialiased each image. Resulting 1280*720. There is no flickering.
.exr sounds good
Sorry for late answer. I was very busy at work. And almost forgot about thread.

Video updated. But in vimeo it worse than original.

Updated to 970gtx!!!
Rendered in 2560*1440 jpeg sequence. And composed together in Adobe Premier Pro. 1920p60

Some bugs included. Like crazy shrubs.

You need pool water not ocean water. Search on youtube for “interior water tutorials”. You can find and improve yours.

I use it in a WIP project as you can see on this link.

Thanks. Nice water. I will try it. I guess the ripples on you video are too small.

Are you using postprocessvolume for underwater? I started a new project. And there is a window to the pool. I thinking how to create an effect of looking through the water.

My water was based on “water planes” example.

Yes i know, my pool water needs little touches. It is not finished yet. I can’t find any free time to complete it, maybe this summer :slight_smile:
I used post process volume for underwater effects. But i’m not sure it will work for you. Because you want to look underwater behind the window.

Yes. I think I need other solution.
By the way, I work in sketchup too. And I exported to max, made unwrap UV, exported to fbx.
Today I tried to export fbx from scetchup. When I import fbx files to UE, there is a several meshes by component. This way much better I think.