Interface Variables Don't Sync Across Blueprints

Okay, I’m trying to use interfaces to communicate variables across blueprints because casting hardly ever worked for me and finding connections was difficult and was different every time and frustrating. I found interfaces after looking across forums online and they seemed useful, but after trying to use them they are almost useless because each instance of that interface stores its own variable. So now all you get is the default variable. Does anyone know how to sync the variables so I can actually use interfaces?

If you want a bunch of blueprints to have access to common variables, then put them in the game instance. It’s common to all blueprints.

Note: If you have more than one instance of a blueprint in the level, each will have it’s own set of local variables, that’s the whole point of instancing.

Maybe if you can explain what you’re trying to do, I could a bit…

This didn’t work shown by the fact I
had a print string hooked up to the
cast failed node. Why?

Perhaps you’ve never assigned this game instance to be your instance?

Quickly, to explain, I’m trying to make a global Boolean called “In Menu” and access it in other blueprints for a branch true or false statement. So I tried this “game instance technique” out and created a game instance blueprint and inside of it I made a variable. I then tried to access it in my widget blueprint by casting to the game instance and the object wildcard was get game instance. This didn’t work shown by the fact I had a print string hooked up to the cast failed node. Why?

Thank you so much, I’ve been trying to get a permanent solution to global variables and this is the only one that has worked. Cheers Everynone and ClockworkOcean for helping out :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :slight_smile: