Interface communication problem

Hey Everyone

I hit a wall pretty hard, I have done this many times before but now I am using the Controller instead of the Character Blueprint to call my actions so I am not able to make it work.

I have a controller calling all the Enhanced Inputs of my Character, and I am trying to pass some Variables from the Controller to the Animation Blueprint, basically I am telling if the character is strafing and if he is what are the values of the rotation of the character so I can call the Right Animation in the ABP.

So I created an Interface and added it to the Player Controller and set the variables and debugged the variables and on the controller BP everything is working fine and returning me the right values, so no problems with the controller Blueprint.

However when I try to cast it in the Animation BP for some reason I cannot get the values at all, does anybody have any idea of what I can do here?

I debugged the Cast and it seems like the Cast is failing but I don’t see the reason why.

I tried to cast Pawn Owner but controller is not a Pawn.
I tried a “Cast to Controller” but gives me an error saying ( This blueprint ( self ) is not a PlayerCameraManager, therefore “Target” must have a connection.
I tried to use a GET instead of a Cast but I can’t find it even with the Context Sensitive turned off.

Do you guys have any other way to do it ?
I am accepting any suggestions.

Also tried promoting the PC Controller as a Variable and connecting to the get Interface and it didn’t work.

All I get are the Base Values from the Interface as if they are not being transmitted from the controller blueprint.

Hey Everyone

After a lot of digging I was able to find the solution.

Since I am using the Control Blueprint instead of the Character Blueprint I had to use the Get Actor of Class and I selected my Player control as Actor Class, now it works perfectly.