Interactive Widgets

Hello everyone.

Looking for comprehensive documentation or video showing how to put together interactive widget buttons.

**Looking for the following: **

1. button to activate various cameras
  2. button to activate animations
  3. button to activate light
  4. slider button to activate speed of animations
  5. button to activate particle systems

I have attached a pick that will give you a good visual representation showing you what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks!

Hey @EricLeeWilliams!

Here are two non Epic affiliated videos and one Epic training that go over all of the basic concepts of what you are trying to pull off, you would just need to change what you are targeting/activating:

Non Epic:

How to camera swap in Unreal engine using a widget

Everything you need to know about UE4 widget blueprint

I hope the above solutions work for you!

3 Likes

Appreciate it!!!

One more question. When starting and stopping an animation with widget button", What would be the best approach for this kind of interaction.

For example please refer to the pic i provided.
in this case I am referring to the copter rotor. Would the rotor be a separate mesh that would be animated in studio max, exported and then imported into unreal, using the animated rotor?

I don’t think this will work properly. because the rotor will be animated at one speed.

Would like to have a video or documentation using widget button to start stop and to also control the speed of the rotor.

The video or documentation does not have to be a rotor, just needs to show “widget button” interaction with any geometry using start stop and to also a slider controlling the speed.

Thanks …

Hey @EricLeeWilliams!

While I could not find a video in that narrow category, I can tell you what elements you need and provide some videos on those.

1. 1-D Blendspaces - From idle to max speed, the blendspace will allow you to start, stop, and adjust the speed for the specific part in question. Here is a non Epic affiliated explanation video:

Introducing: the Blendspace | Adv. Anim Application [UE4]

1. Blendpsace Per Bone - Blendspace Per Bone lets you individually target and animate elements of your skeletal mesh, even at the same time. Here is a non Epic affiliated explanation video:

Layered Blend Per Bone | Adv. Anim Application [UE4/UE5]

1. Updating your variables from another blueprint. Using the slider, you can clamp the range for a specific set of values (the example you need is in the day night cycle video above). If you attach those sliders to your variable controlling your blendspace, for example manually setting a speed value, etc, you will be all set in making your animations do what you are looking for. Here is a non Epic affiliated explanation video:

Unreal Tutorial - Set an Animation Blueprint Variable from another Blueprint (Also Calls Functions)

Additionally, here is the documentation for some of what is listed above:

I hope the above solution works for you!