Interactive Tree Creator Multiplayer

Hey guys and gals, I’m trying to figure how to set up replication for tree chopping for the asset Interactive Tree Creator. I’m gonna put together a tutorial so its creator can link to it. If you have any advice on replicating the asset, tree chopping replication, or just replication in general please share. I’m new to replication, and I’ll take all the help I can get! :slight_smile:

So far this is what I’ve come up with. I’m using a listen server set up. When I play as server in the client’s window it sees chopping particle effects. 1 chop before the server’s tree spawns and falls, the client’s tree spawns and falls. However, the original tree stays standing in the client’s window. So, I need to figure a way to clear the original tree when the spawned tree spawns and falls. When I stop playing, a bunch of accessed none errors in the construction script pop up. I’m not familiar with replication in regards to the construction script.

On the blueprints ChoppableTree, ChoppedTree, and ChoppedTreeStump, I replicated all their components and variables. I’m figuring the bulk of the code is within ChoppableTree so this is where I set up my server and multicast events. My reasoning is I need multicast so the clients can see the tree falling in their windows. In the picture 1 you’ll see how I set the code up. The comments show what the code does off screen. Since this is a paid asset, I’ll be limiting how much of the creator’s code I’ll be showing. In picture 2 are the errors which occur when I play.

So yeah, that’s all I’ve got so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hello Paul,

Have you ever figured it out for the replication with this asset ? I’m quite interested ! I took a look and I’ve seen that there is also the blueprint FoliageCompTree that is used right before spawning the ChoppableTree blueprint.

If you found a way to do it, it would be really awesome !

Thank you in advance,

Sanglard