Which approaches are could be used to make an interactive 3D “density” field simulation for a multiplayer game?
- Definitely, it should be calculated on server side, to be the same for all players.
- Players could change the field density in any field point
- The field should tend to keep density on the same level (so, it should “flows” from high-density points to low-density, similar to a water)
- Should be calculated in real-time
- About client side – it should be possible to visualize the field density in a 3D game in real time.
I’m not sure if there is effective math models for such thing? Or it’s better to implement it through some particle-based methods? Or, probably, there are other ways to do this?