Interactable Wardrobe 👕

For my first little project in UEFN I decided I wanted to mostly focus on learning and applying the basics of the Level Sequence. After seeing Rynex’s awesome cabinets & lockers it inspired me to make to make something similar in the form of a wardrobe. (Also huge thanks to him for helping with parts throughout)

In short: I first started off in Blender, feeling a bit confused since I hadn’t touched it in a long time. But after finding out the basics, shortcuts and all that again I started modelling the wardrobe, the UV-Unwrapping required a lot of going back-and-forth but I got there in the end…

I then brought the meshes inside of Adobe Substance 3D Painter and applied simple textures and materials to the wardrobe body (which includes the door), drawers, handle and mirror.

Then imported it inside of UEFN, applied the textures and started to work on animating the parts of the Wardrobe, this part was really fun to work on, it definitely helped that it’s somewhat similar to Blender. I really focused on this for a little while and trying out different things. (after breaking things in the process and starting some things over too but we don’t talk about that :stuck_out_tongue:)

Then added sound effects to the opening/closing of the drawers and door.

Built a little bedroom scene to place the wardrobe in and at last added a couple of props in the drawers, including a secret stash of durr burgers in the bottom drawer. (Imagine not having burgers in your wardrobe!)

After writing this, it’s not really a ‘‘in short’’ but hope you had a good time reading ha.

13 Likes

Very smooth! I love your sound effects. :blue_heart:

Good stuff, I love seeing these interactive assets!

1 Like

Very cool! This opens a few doors, or drawers… :stuck_out_tongue:

It sure does haha, thank you!

Thank you!

Appreciate it! Though I can’t take credit for the sound effects, all downloaded :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Choosing the sound effects is a big part of the process! Where did you get yours from?

Well done Keawan. Relearning the pipeline from Blender all the way to UEFN takes some discipline but it paid off! Are you going to take inspiration from Unpacking to make something in UEFN? :smiley:

I checked lots of different websites haha, some of them are envato elements, pixabay and epidemic sound. I think I got the drawer ones from Pixabay!

Cheers, thank you!

Unpacking the game right? That’d be cool to see if I could make something inspired by that and see what the possibilites are :thinking:

:eyes: Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

@Keawan it looks like you are using Line of Sight to open choose which door to open/close. Is that true? I’d love to see the behind the scenes of how you pulled this off. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same, I would love to hear this!