Intense flickering when editing a level and cannot default UE5

When adding a map from the machina plugin, all of the items in the outliner are greyed out so I choose edit and everything suddenly starts flickering. I have a friend with the same plugin and he does not need to edit or commit a level in order to edit it the items in the outliner. Is there a setting I am missing? When I initially started with Unreal engine I didn’t have use level edit/commit and did not have the flickering issue.

I have:
Used multiple versions of unreal editor
Reinstalled windows
Installed on different workstations (with the same account) it somehow inherits my camera settings and flickering issue and I cannot default
Deleted engine.ini file
Defaulted parameters of each item in machina plugin (I also contacted machina although it appears to be an issue with UE)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey @Dank771!

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can have a better understanding of what may be going wrong? It is likely that it may just be the included plugin levels. Would you also mind sharing what plugin you are referring to?

Any additional specifics or info you provide may go a long way in solving your problem!

Hi @Quetzalcodename,

The name of the plugin is Machina Fractals: Mecha. I’ve also included a screenshot; the noise blinks and flickers only when I edit the level.

As soon as I press commit changes, it goes away. Even on completely different hardware and a fresh install of the plugin and UE, (but under my same account), it inherits this issue. I cannot seem to find a way to go back to factory settings/defaults.

Thank you

Hey @Dank771,

What happens when you move the assets to a new level? Or when you create the fractals in a new level using the blueprints? These are procedurally generated so will have an extreme amount of impact on the level as a whole, so it is entirely possible that the lighting is needing to rebuild due to all of the changes being made at once.

Hi @Quetzalcodename ! Thank you so much, when I moved the assets to a new level and used the blueprint on the flickering went away and the quality is much better! I do not have to use the edit/commit level button below the details as panel as it is not even an option. Thanks again!

I also noticed that when I drag the map into the viewport vs double clicking it, the flickering remains and I have to commit/edit the level or the the items will be greyed out.

What is the difference between dragging a map into the viewport vs double clicking it?

While the issue is resolved I’d love to understand what caused it

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.