Intellisense not working UE4.25

I just downloaded the new version and started a small project. I am getting a lot more crashes in the editor than I am used to, but more frustratingly, I get no Intellisense in VS 2017.

It has been a few months since I worked in UE4, but last time I did, I didn’t have any problems with VS. Is there something new that I have to do or set up to get this working again? If it isn’t related to the new update, are there any suggestions on how to get Intellisense running again? I don’t see a lot of hits when I search, so I assume its either obvious or uncommon. I am hoping for the former =)

Thanks in advance!
Eric

I’m experiencing this as well.

I managed to get it sort of working by adding paths into [Project Properties>NMake>Intellisense>Include Search Path]. However I feel like it’s a workaround and not actually how one should fix it, not least of all because it now takes ~10s for predictions to appear!

Does anyone have an actual fix for this?

I’m getting the same issue, you can get it to working by including a header from Engine. But it feels like a work around because its finicky. I opened an issue also. I am surprised more people are not encountering this.

Edit:
If you Generate the Visual Studio files from right clicking the Unreal Project file it will also correct the issue without any weird stuff happening

2 Likes

what did you include into the search path ?

k I did File/Refresh Visual studio project in my UE project and it fixed everything

5 Likes

This works better, thank you!

For those who still can’t make it work, try replacing the defines value from c_cpp_properties.json in your project with the following defines value: ue422-defines.txt - Google Drive
Use Find (CTRL+F) and search for MyProject, and replace it with your project name.
(This defines value is being copied from a project in UE4.22, if you have UE4.22, you can straight copy it from there)

Thanks bruda it worked

1 Like

■■■■, I didn’t even know that exists. Thanks alot, citizen, that fixed all my “symbol not found” problems in VS

Thank you!

i write #inc show #include 15 second later i don’t understand

Note the “WIN” definitions in there that must be swapped out for Mac. I’m not sure what is exactly right, but I deleted all the “Win” entries and it seems fine.

Did the “Refresh Visual Studio Project” fix and restarted Visual Studio and it worked!

1 Like