Intel HD Graphics 4600, driver crashes while in Blue prints

Hello, my laptop uses Intel HD Graphics 4600, yet when using Unreal Engine the driver crashes. The oddity here is that it’s only been crashing when I’m in the blueprint editor. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi jcgiguere,

Please provide more information about your laptop. Both Mac and PCs use HD 4600 Graphics Cards.

1. If this a PC, please provide your dxdiag.
  2. If this is a MAC provide more information about your Mac’s specs. You can find this in the Apple menu >About This Mac>More Info> Add the information from this window (serial # not necessary).
  3. Make sure your drivers are up to date
  4. If the crash reporter window is present when the crash occurs, please select “Copy Callstack to the Clipboard,” paste that information in a document and add to this post -Also be sure to hit the “Submit” button.

Providing us with this information will help us better identify the source of the problem and in turn, help us provide a solution faster.

Thanks for your help in resolving this issue.

Hello, Unreal does not give a UE crash report, just a windows dialogue saying that the video driver has crashed. My drivers are up to date. And the attached file.link text

I only experience this problem inside the blueprint editor, not the main one.

Hi jcgiguere,

Thanks for responding with all available information. I have submitted the following bug report: JIRA [UE-18865]. If we are able to isolate the cause of your Intel HD card crashing, an update will be added to this post.

In the meantime, for troubleshooting measures you can try using an older version of the engine like 4.7. Reinstalling and starting with a blank Blueprint project to ensure the crash does not relate to your Blueprints or 4.8 specifically.

Thanks for your cooperation in resolving this issue.

Hello and jcgiguere I have been having the same problem. It weird because Unreal Engine 4.7 it was working. Then upgrading to 4.8 I have been seeing so weird stuff with blueprint editor and material editor. It crash when the material is rendering in the preview section.

Hello, in the meantime I have been working in c++ to achieve the functionality I desired, and it is fully working. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for letting us know that working with C++ resolves your issue. I have added this to the report and hopefully this will help narrow things down.

Hi jcgiguere,

Developers have reported that they cannot reproduce this behavior so I wanted to see if you are still experiencing crashes when opening blueprints in the current version of the Engine before this ticket gets closed out…

Let me know,

Hello, I haven’t opened up Unreal in a while. So I cannot say if it still crashes or not.