integrate the e-key

Is there any other better way to integrate the e-key into my blueprint? It doesn’t work properly.

I don’t see any E key there, but perhaps you mean the ‘use concept’ generally.

There’s definitely an ‘uptick’ in this sort of code appearing on the forums recently, I’m assuming that means a popular utube vid.

By far, the best way to implement interaction with game objects, is by using a line trace from the player and a blueprint interface to talk to the actor.

That way, you don’t have to worry about overlap volumes and the like, just walk up to thing a fire a line trace - done.

Tell me if you want to know more.

EDIT: I’ll just point out, the main problem with the overlap method, is you can walk up to something and use it with your backside… which you might want, but…

Ok, if you have to use it, I’d get rid of the flip flop and change the box overlaps to OnActorBeginOverlap ( unless you have to overlap different boxes separately ).

Component overlap can fire multiple times when you walk in and away, which means the flip flop can sometimes be running back to front.

Something like this maybe:

That’s weird, cause I just tested it :-/

What happens for you?

Many thanks for the answer. “Event InteractPawn” is e-key. Unfortunately I have to do with overlapping volumes, it is very important. I have already tried to integrate E Key into my blueprint (see pic), it doesn’t work properly.

can you show me which method is better than flip-flop? I’ve already tried everything, have no idea.

Thanks, but I’ve already tried this method, but unfortunately it didn’t work. E-Key should only work in the OnActorBeginOverlap. In the OnActorEndOverlap, the connection should be terminated automatically without an E-Key.

E-Key also works in the OnActorEndOverlap, but I don’t want that. Can you show me how you did it?

I then have to look for another method that does not work properly here.

After end overlap, the gate is closed, so the key can’t work.