Integer Scaling Game with Black Border?

Some things to point out before the question. Skip ahead for the question/help.

I’m running a retro pixel game. Its 3D so I can’t utilize any of the 2D features to make this happen. Its also Point and Click so a lot of the work arounds only work if you are just manipulating through a first person pawn. So being able to scale the end resolution is important. The resolution i’m using is 700x400. So its imperative to have an option for the game to display as pixel perfect.

I want to scale the windowed game through integer scaling with black border around the viewport. (See IntegerScaler application).

How would I go about doing this? I have little engine source experience aside from doing my own code for self-contained actors. I have no idea where in the source code the window is created and how to handle scaling that window by integers and how to render the black background surrounding the window.

The reason for me doing this can be read in my latest devlog for my game at Feducia - Classic Apple ][-Inspired Horror Adventure (Updated: Apr 29, 2021)

This is how bad the pixels look when scaling to the full screen of the display. I would rather have the resolution in multiples instead of just a window at those resolutions exposing the desktop behind it.

did you find a solution? - having the same problem :frowning: