Installing multiple builds of rocket, possible?

I tried to install 2 copies of rocket but when launching the installed again it tries to either uninstall or repair the already installed build, is there or will there be a way to install more than one copy of the same build? i ask this because if one build gets completely broken i can keep working on another installed installation or for regression.

I think the best solution for this is to setup version control, even if I am only developing by myself I normally do that. It makes reverting easy, and with Perforce can view the differences between the versions of files on the timeline.

Not to say that you shouldn’t be able to install multiple builds, I think you should also be able to do that if you want, but version control seems easier solution for reverting files.

Hi Marc,

It is intended that you only have one build installed at a time at this point. However, a potential workaround would be to install the different Rockets on different drives. I can assure you that you can uninstall and reinstall an older build if, by an unfortunate accident, a bad build was distributed.

Thanks,

Alexander

when i run the installer it just goes straight to repair, uninstall, no option to pick drive/location, and i meant if i was working on something and messed up say a bunch of c++ files to the point it was so broken i just wanted to start again (like editing the defaultgame.ini in UDK and doing something that screwed everythinng up and not knowing it was defaultgame.ini i had messed up) i could have another copy of the same build installed, but keep the messed up build installed while i copied and checked my code again as i went along.

Hi Marc,

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled? That’s when you’ll get the option to choose the drive directory. Also, attempting to install the same version of Rocket twice will cause the uninstall/repair as only one instance of a build can exist.

Thanks,

Alexander