Installer Fails on MacOS

Hi
I am new to Unreal but old to programming. I am using MacOS 11.6.5 the installer did nothing for a long while. When I gave up and tried a hard reset I found that it had locked my laptop, preventing me from shutting it down until I forced the quit on the installer still running in the background.

Now I have an epic account set up but cannot get to the correct web page to run the INSTALL option you mention in your on line instructions. I have tried twice but always end in the same situation. If you think that I have some corrupt files could you tell me how to reinstall completely so that I can try a truly fresh install or of you think it is some thing else how should I proceed. kind regards david

Try installing from the launcher. You get the launcher here

From what I see here, you may have an integrated GPU that’s not supported by the engine.

Do you know what it is?

Intel Iris Pro 1536 M But I read that it is integrated into the CPU. Its a very old laptop - does this mean I need to up grade? if so is unreal more likely to work with Mac OS or windows?

And thanks!

Much more likely with windows.

Nvidia card ideally. If you want to do anything serious, then 2000 range or 3000 range.

You might be able to get this kind of card built into a laptop, but with a desktop, you can choose.