Install without root, libmono-runtime missing

Hi there!

I’m currently trying to install 4.15 on a Linux (Ubuntu) on a machine where I have no root access.

Sadly, the package libmono-system-runtime4.0-cil is missing. The administrator won’t be happy about a new package, so I’d like to install it locally in my home directory, but there is the problem. I don’t know how and google wasn’t that helpful, but maybe I googled wrong.

Does anyone know how to install libmono-system-runtime4.0-cil locally, or does anyone know another way round?

I’m thankful for your help!

Hey -

What is the exact error you’re getting when you try to build the engine? Can you tell me where in the build process the failure occurs?

This page contains steps on how to build the engine, please let me know at which step you run into issues.

Its not an error, its just that I miss libmono-system-runtime4.0-cil (I should use sudo apt-get install libmono-system-runtime4.0-cil to install the package) but it’s not installed, so I wondered if someone knew how to install locally.

I’m not completely sure what you mean by “install locally” exactly, however I feel you are referring to a specific user on the machine rather than system-wide. If mono is installed system-wide, then for the file to be recognized after download it would need to be located with the rest of the mono install. If you can install mono locally, then the file you’re looking for should be able to be installed locally along with it.

Cheers