Install Failed for Marketplace Assets

I purchased several Brushify asset packs during the Black Friday sale, but am unable to install them. I have many other marketplace assets which install without issue, but I am completely unable to install any of these.

When attempting to install, I first get a message asking if I want to overwrite the existing files, which I select yes. In order to install multiple pack of Brushify, this is the officially endorsed method.

The status of the item in the Library goes to “Adding to Project” for a couple of minutes, but then there is an error message which says:

"Install Failed

Failed in install , some of the files could not be copied to the project."

I checked the output logs on my project, but there is no indication of anything like this occurring. As seen in my third image, the Brushify content is actually partially removed during this process (prior to this, there were several items in the AlphaBrushes folder, but they were somehow removed during this process.)

In order to troubleshoot, I tried to delete all of the Brushify content from my project and then reinstall them, but the same error occurs.

I tried to “Delete local content” in the Library on the Epic Launcher, then redownload and install, but the same error occurs.

The target hard drive has plenty of space, so it’s not a storage issue.

I am at my wit’s end on this and just want to use my new landscape brushes. Could anyone help me?

Thank you

323669-brushify3.png

1 Like

Has anyone discovered a solution here? I have been experience this with a multitude of assets lately. Restarting the editor, launcher, and computer doesn’t help.

1 Like

This was driving me nuts too, luckily there’s an easy fix. In windows explorer, go into wherever your vault cache is, there you will see everything you have downloaded from the marketplace.

Find the folder with the asset you’re trying import, hit Ctrl+ C to copy it, then go into the content folder of your current project and paste it. You’ll see it immediately show up in Unreal if you have your project open.

It’s as easy as that!

2 Likes

This worked for me, thank you!

where can I find the vault cache folder?

As of 5.3 it seems to have been moved… found mine at
C:\ProgramData\Epic\EpicGamesLauncher\VaultCache