Inspect

By fiddling settings I have isolated for study a small group in Inspect.

I see that, at this setting(s), this group of 5 cameras coloured purple are a Component. Each Component has a different colour for its cameras.

Each of these 5 is connected to 3 other cameras - as Component connectivity is set to 3 - so only cameras with Connectivity 3 or more are included in this Component.

Question - But the bottom right camera is connected to only 2 other cameras - how can that be?

Increase Component connectivity to 4 and all the connecting lines disappear and, at this setting(s), it’s no longer a Component.

Feature suggestion - There is no count given of the no, at this setting(s), of cameras in this Component - or the average no of cameras per Component - that would be useful.

More questions to follow!

Hi!

This mean you have bad overlap. And not enough matched features between this cameras. No matches/tracks. Not connections.

No, I deliberately isolated that set of 5 cameras, for study, by inputting these extreme settings:

If I input default settings, there’s plenty of overlap etc:

So, back to the pic and question in the OP above,

If Component connectivity is set to 3, does this mean that only cameras with Connectivity 3 or more are included in this Component?

But the bottom right camera in this Component is connected to only 2 other cameras - so what does Component Connectivity mean?

Once that’s answered, there will be more ‘what does it mean?’ questions. Like, alongside Maximal and Minimal matches, as a filter (not a setting) Matches count makes no sense.

Hi Tom,

I think the lines only represent a minimum common tie point number (matches) between the cameras. That means even if two cameras are connected, there might be no line between them because they have fewer matches than the threshold.