Inside Unreal: MetaHuman Creator

{Question] ETA of support for younger metahumans? (children)

I have a question about using eye translucency in the post process. When enabling translucency it makes the eyes black, I’ve taken a look in the materials and what’s causing it is the M_Eye_Occlusion, if I switch this out so something transparent like glass I don’t get the black eyes but then lose other detail. I’m not advanced enough to know how to fix this in the material. Does anyone have any suggestions I know where I can get official support.

[Question]
how about "exporting morphs and “details map” outside meta human to be configured inside unreal i means export target morphs and maps like wrinkles and scar the the creator can configure it to create they own "character customization inside unreal, you gonna be able to export those stuffs or only the “final character” with all being already applied without you being able to use it to customize the characters inside unreal?

Great job so far, but please don’t be like everyone else and leave out people of color! What you have right now is a good start but the texture blend should be even more diverse. Look at all the shades of black and brown and you will find more blues and orange than tan and green. What I mean by that is when I’m mixing the colors the limitations don’t allow me to get the creamy chocolate skin I’m looking for because the mossy green or the dirty red comes in.

Very Great Tool!! The Realtime Hair are Amazing! In the future it will be great tu use a scan data of a face to match the main proportions or a much more control on the sculpting phase. I can’t wait to see a future tools set for comb/cut the hairs.

Bye

1 Like

j’ai un code erreur quand je veux remplir le formulaire pour l’early acces c’est code 500 comme quoi il y a des mises a jours en cours vous avez ca vous aussi ca fais genre 3 jours que je peu pas ca commence me faire un peut ch…

Have you tried going into Skin>Accent and reducing redness/saturation in those areas? That worked for me. But I agree, more textures to blend would be nice.

I agree, it was said in the livestream that they don’t plan to use photo references (to place on character), but I don’t see how it couldn’t be used by the machine learning AI to match existing database to try and fit a reference image, it would be a fast way to create a starting point for a custom character.

Hey folks!

Just to let everyone in the thread know, along with any future folks- you can watch the stream back on Youtube; with timestamps!

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hey, Guys and gals.

I’m playing with the metahuman creator and it is amazing. I work for a company that creates a lot of webGL geo base assets, like gltf and usdz files. I was wondering if it is possible to create a scene inside unreal and export it as a glb (gltf) file. I tried the gltf exporter plugin, but it crashes every time that I try to export the asset.

Metahuman would be amazing for our workflow. But it needs to generate a gltf file in the end.

Thank you for your amazing work.

Regards,

Lucio Freitas,

Hi Lucio - As per the EULA for MHC, you’re not allowed to render MetaHumans outside of Unreal Engine.

2 Likes

So I’m new to Unreal engine and I want to put one of the Paragon character skeletons in my metahuman to use the Paragon animations. but beacause the mesh is only the chest it wil show all my animations on a flying chest. So I tried to make the bodyparts into one mesh but I can’t get it fixed into one mesh. Anyone got a solution for that?

What’s the best Project Settings to use in UE4 if I’m planning to use it strictly for animations? Not gaming.

Hello, are the metahumans compatible with the Omniverse Audio2face app?

Has anybody managed pack a MetaHuman into an Android game?
I’m working on a stress test and things look good so far, the thing is that the head and torso don’t show up for some reason.

Hi Victor, regarding the EULA for MHC, I was a little confused by what is allowed with MH’s. Are you able to clarify something?

I was hoping to use MetaHumans to create some animated videos of how to perform some specific movements (e.g. a lunge movement). But, I am allowed to also create a USDZ file of these movements to allow people to view these same movements in augmented reality on their phone/tablet either in a browser or a native app? Or is the use of this file type not allowed under the EULA? I’m assuming it’s allowed (as it is with Character Creator), but I don’t not want to advance my project without concrete clarification.

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

What is the reason for the poor performance I experience when using Meta Human Creator through pixel streaming?