Inside Unreal: How Simteract is Generating Cities

WHAT
This week we’ll be having the team from Simteract walk us through their unique process of using map data & procedural workflows to generate, texture and build the streets and city of Barcelona for their project Taxi Life: A City Driving Simulator. Come join us for a deep dive into the engine itself as well as a Q&A segment at the end!

WHEN
Thursday, January 12th @ 2:00 PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
Twitch
YouTube

WHO

Michał Szajna - Simteract Community Manager
I have been a gamer for the better part of 20 years. Outside of me killing dragons with my guild, I like to spend time with my family and go on long walks through the forest with my 3-year-old Welsh Terrier, whose name is Benji.

Adam Rzepka - Simteract Head of Development
I love programming, especially low-level stuff, and Rust language. In my free time, I play acoustic guitar or go for a hike in the mountains.

Artur Szymanski - Simteract Art Director
Head of art department at Simteract. Mathematician and 3D generalist, currently fascinated by procedural art generation and Houdini.

Tina Wisdom (She/Her) - Community Manager - @TheUnWiseTina

If you’re unable to make the livestream, all episodes of Inside Unreal can be viewed afterwards on-demand .

9 Likes

looks dope!

1 Like

Anything that helps quick polys and texture is awesome! Procedural workflow? I’m on it.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

когда начнется стрим ?

класна

10 years ago, I remember stumbling across googles mini flying mode inside of google earth for the PC. I thought to myself, since google and the sketch up company have laid a 2D topographical map of the world basically. With rudimentary structures, it would be awesome to write some code that would allow us to render 3D models of our favorite cars in appropriate scale, apply physics, and sounds, and some kick ■■■ shaders and we would have every street racer’s dream come true. this is finally coming to fruition. Thank goodness. No more “trying” to race around in Grand Theft Auto 5… LOL

1 Like

its sutch a good game its dope i like it.