Inside Unreal | Discovering the Old West Learning Project

WHAT
Yall giddyap on over to this weeks Inside Unreal where we’ll invite on the good folks behind the newly released Old West Learning Project & offer an introspective look on the building process, how it was used to assist in the creation of tutorial content, as well as a gold-mine of information and assets to use in tandem with your new skills.

WHEN
Thursday, February 16th @ 2:00 PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
Twitch
YouTube

WHO

Clinton Crumpler (He/Him) - Studio Head/Art Director of Dekogon Studios - @Dekogonstudios @Crumplercm
Clinton is a founder and Art director of the artist collective and studio, Dekogon Studios. Previously an artist at The Coalition, Bethesda Studios, KIXEYE, Army Game Studio, Midwinter Entertainment and various other independent studios; Clinton’s primary focus is environment art, shader development, and art direction in Unreal Engine. Clinton has released multiple online video tutorials, educational articles, and web classes, both personally and in collaboration with CG Master Academy (CGMA), Epic Games, CGSpectrum and Digital Tutors. Art influences and favorite media include the Terminator series, Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Aliens, Final Fantasy 7 and Bioshock.

Mathew-Wadstein-350x350 Mathew Wadstein (He/Him) - Instructor - @mathewwadstein
Over the years, Mathew has dedicated his time and effort towards mastering many different forms of programming languages and paradigms. From the days of hacking Commodore VIC-20 code from the backs of magazines and working with Microsoft Basic on an IBM XT all the way to modern languages and platforms such as C# and mobile phones. Mathew has made it his mission to gain a deep understanding of how things tick and more importantly - why they tick. Using this knowledge accumulated from over 30 years of experience in various fields Mathew’s main focus now is to pass on his knowledge, educating others using fun, inviting and bite-sized methods, aimed at all audiences from beginner to professional. Also, cats.

Cole Tinney (She/Her) - Online Content Lead

Tina Wisdom (She/Her) - Community Manager - @TheUnWiseTina

If you’re unable to make the show, all livestreams can be viewed afterwards on-demand .

11 Likes

Edit: nvm I figured, now I gonna try to enable plugins.

I need to build it for Linux 5.1.1, but there’s no make file and I would appreciate any directions.

The editor says the binaries are wrong and it needs to be compiled btw.

1 Like