Inside Unreal: Creating the Mechanic Simulator Wrench

WHAT
Wrench is a mechanic simulator where players prepare and maintain race cars. This week on Inside Unreal we’ve invited the creators of Wrench to talk about their unique project. They’ll be covering the history of Wrench, the systems that make up the game, art workflow, VR support, and much more!

If you’re unable to make the livestream, all episodes of Inside Unreal can be viewed afterwards on-demand .

WHEN
Thursday, May 13 @ 2:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE
Twitch
YouTube

WHO
Alec Moody - Co-Owner/Artist, Wrench - @TheWrenchGame
Jim Ashcraft - Co-Owner/Programmer, Wrench - @jimashcraft
Victor Brodin - Community Manager - @victor1erp

RESOURCES
Wrench

9 Likes

Looks like fun…

6 Likes

The photo linked to this post look very good, especialy the parts. The game has great potential, not being a rip-off of CMS, instead I look at it as a great addition and something we miss. Working on sport cars / race cars is more entertaining and offers something that community wants. I’m curious about the game, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Looks like a good game …was going to make sumthing like this yrs ago :slight_smile: . haha i hope while in use of the Torque Wrench your tightening the correct Torque specs down on those bolts haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Wonder if Turbos and PSI supercharger, and roots 14:71 Blowers are apart of it.

So here is a challenge, try to model this with that creating the mechanic simulator to the absolute detail, now this is a colossal Beast

5 Likes

Looks so cool! I wonna play this game faster!!!

What id love to see is a B16a Honda engine (With the cool vtec sounds of course! B16a