Insert a video. Twinmotion 2022.2.3 (free version).

I have an other question maybe you can help me :

I encounter a problem when I insert a video in Twinmotion. It appears fine as a material but when I make a clip and export it, the video shows a white screen.

Example : I insert a video in the TV screen; I create a clip and export it; result, the TV screen is white when i watch the clip.

Maybe we can't do this kind of manipulation with the free version?

I tried all possible manipulations by adding the videos to the user library, but the result is always the same and I would greatly appreciate your help.

THANKS !

Gaspard

Hi Gaspard,

Thank you for reaching out, it is possible to use custom video files as textures in the Trial version of Twinmotion. To apply a video texture to the tv screen please use the Video Sample material located in Twinmotion's library under Materials > Videos > Video sample. This material can be applied to other objects/planes as well and will be set up specifically for use with video files.

Once you have applied the Video sample material to the screen, you can select your custom video file using Video > Open as shown here:

Using this material will allow you to select custom .avi, .wma, and .mp4 files to use as video textures, and will allow for them to be rendered correctly in exported media.

Best Regards,

Morgan

Dear Morgan/Epic/ anyone,

can you please advise how you can get video clips and apply them to say a TV , in ver 2023.1.2.

I have tried the above widely used technique however this does not work in v2023.

thanks in advance

Hello,

The workflow described above should work when used in Twinmotion 2023.1.2 as well. You would need to first apply the "Video sample" material from Twinmotion's library to the TV screen. Then, in the Video sample material, click the folder icon and select Open as shown below. From there, you can select the custom .avi, .wma, or .mp4 file that you would like to display on the TV screen.

Video Sample

Best Regards,

Morgan

Thanks for the clear response Morgan

I tried with a +50Mb file and had issues, tried with a 40Mb file worked fine - maybe my graphics card is not big enough at 8Gb ?

I have 64Gb RAM so that should not to be an issue. Will experiment – thanks again

Hi,

Thank you for letting me know, I do not believe that a video file of that size should be an issue with an 8GB card. I may recommend using the Contact Us button on the Twinmotion Community home page here to submit a bug report so that we can look into this more. It will be helpful to know more detail about what occurs when you attempt to use the +50MB file, and to provide a sample file the issue occurs with when submitting the report.

Best Regards,

Morgan