InputTouch event works with only 1 instance of class

Hello,

I am having 2 problems with touch events.

First, I have an instance of my class blueprint in my level. This blueprint could be clicked and dragged. When I click and drag the instance very fast, the moment I release click, the mouse pointer ends up outside the box of my object. Therefore, the instance can’t fire the event OnInputTouchEnd(Box).

Second, to fix the first problem, I add the event InputTouch and connect the Released node to fire the event. However, this time I have 2 instances of my blueprint in the level. Then the Touch event only with only 1 instance, which is the instance NOT being debugged with. There are 2 instances of my blueprint in the level, which are Pivot and Pivot_2.

Here are some screen shots of my blueprint.

Please help me find the best solutions. I am very sorry that I have asked this question on Answer Hub.

I 've moved on to implement other components, but the issues are still pain in the ***. Please community, help me. In the end, I would like every instances of my class blueprint could be clicked and dragged, working separately. Which means, the solution might be getting rid of the universal event InputTouch.

sorry I bump this up. I really need some advice.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any advice yet. I just ran into this exact same problem. You’re not alone!

Hey v36372, I think I may have a solution for you. Try this:

1. In the Blueprint editor’s Event Graph, click your InputTouch node. The Details panel should now show details for the InputTouch node.
  2. Uncheck the “Consume Input” checkbox in the Details panel.

That worked for me in my local test. Hope it helps!

P.S. Wow, I just realized how long you’ve had to wait for a response. I hope this is still relevant for you.