InputSystem - ChordedAction sending multiple values

First off - I find it odd that the enhanced input system does not have a simple solution recognizing that people using computers in 2023 we might want to use key modifiers (Shift, Control, Alt) to allow another key to do more then it does on it’s own (Z = down, CTRL-Z = Undo).

Chorded actions seemed bloated but promising (having to setup IA_CTRL) to be referenced as a chorded control for Undo (with the actual binding “Z”) is odd. But OK.

The real issue is that I need ONE value returned and instead I am getting the value for BOTH the actual keypress I need (“Z”) AND the modifier (“CTRL”).

This is especially annoying with mouse scroll wheel controls where it is returning
1.0,1.0,1.0 (From the scrollwheel - which I need)
AND
0.0,0.0,0.0 (From the key modifier “CTRL” - which is messing up my maths)
I guess I can add more blueprints to clean the junk (ignore “0”), but it would be cleaner to simply not send the modifier data in the IA return.

Is there any way to only return the one value from the primary binding and/or ignore all values sent from keys defined as Modifiers?

Is there any solution to this in 2026?

I also need both types of events - when mouse wheel is scrolled and when mouse wheel is scrolled while Shift key is pressed but they need to be separate, i.e. exclusive in the sense that EITHER the one is triggered OR the other one - without overlap.

I can set up a Chorded Action trigger for the IMC mapping with Shift pressed but then I need also a way to define the other IMC mapping that is supposed to trigger without the Shift key pressed. Currently there appears to be no way to define an explicitly non-chorded action.