Input was consumed when doing operation on widget

Hi, I have a issue when using enhanced input in UE5.3. The problem is that when i’m moving my character, once i push a button on a widget, my character will stop moving.

I checked some part may cause the issue, but it seems like it’s not the focus issue.
So I checked the input state, it shows that when I push a button on a widget, Enahnced input will complete my Move input immediately. no matter a UserWidget or a ActivatableWidget, they’re the same.

It seems like my move input will be cut out if i do any operation on widget, can anyone help?

This is the third post that I’ve come across looking for a solution to this problem but no one ever replies.
Did you figure this out?

This worked for me.

In the project settings, uncheck “Should Flush Pressed Keys on Viewport Focus Lost”

Found in this post thanks to @bigstumpy

Also make sure Is focusable is unchecked in the widgets if you are not wanting them to take focus.

in my case the entry widgets were steeling focus and messing with my inputs.

yeah my final solution also being uncheck focusable, and set all unused widget components’ visibility to any other than visible.
I don’t know which one worked, but at least it did.

thx~

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.