Input motion returning null vector

Hi guys! I’m having some troubles with the function “Get Input Motion State” from the engine. I’m trying to get the vector values from the accelerometer in order to move a character in the game, but it always return 0 for all axis. I even did a debugging test printing all xyz values on screen but it still does nothing. All help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

What kind of device and operating system are you testing it on?

the ones that are giving me trouble are a xt1672 (Moto g5) and a Galaxy J7 2017 with android 7. On both devices the function returns null vector. On the other hand, I also tested it on a LG k10 and on that it works flawlessly, so it isn’t an implementation problem.

That’s the trouble with Android devices - they all report the gyroscope data differently to Unreal, and apparently some not at all?

Yes, I need those values in order to make my game work. I tested with cpuz and the app reads the values, so does another game that requires it (Temple run), but mine doesn’t. I don’t know if it’s a problem with unreal, or android, or whatever. Maybe there’s a temporary workaround there, I’ve read something about that

Me neither. I was only able to get Unreal to run on one of my two android devices so far (Samsung Galaxy s2 was too weak to run it). So I don’t know much about this.