Input + Branch = set boolean not working

So, basically here’s the situation. I am relatively new to UE4 [2 months ago I moved from Unity] and now I had just started on my first big project. In my project, I am working on a breach function. I have my setup as this:

and theoretically, this should work. In reality, it doesn’t. I replace the set boolean with a print string to see if it even reads anything and no result. Am I just being stupid here or is this ACTUALLY something that can’t be fixed? It’s a very simple node area. Just an input > Checks if Player In Trigger = True > Sets a boolean if so. Thanks in advance!

Hi Inferno!
All looks well but I would need more information such as, what is ‘Player In Trigger’ referencing? What is its default value? Right now it looks like a simple variable with no reference to what toggles the value. Is the player collision setup correctly for the trigger box?

What is the default value of “player in trigger” - True or False? Please show where this is set

Actually, I found out an actor/pawn can not receive input actions. Any idea how I find out how to find what a BP inherits from? I am on a new method in the player BP where when I press ‘E’ it does a ray cast, and if the hit component has tag ‘Door’ it will cast to the door. However, I can’t find the inheritance, and as such the cast is always failing.

Actually, I found out an actor/pawn can not receive input actions. Any idea how I find out how to find what a BP inherits from? I am on a new method in the player BP where when I press ‘E’ it does a ray cast, and if the hit component has tag ‘Door’ it will cast to the door. However, I can’t find the inheritance, and as such the cast is always failing.

There are multiple ways of achieve your goal. Try using a BeginOverlap event in the player blueprint and setting ‘player in trigger’ variable there, then cast to it as needed.

Yeah, I am trying a cast currently but it is always failing any ideas?

you say you found out an actor/pawn can not receive input actions? I’m not sure I understand what you mean by this…

Also, I don’t think the tag the reason your cast is failing. If you are performing a line trace and cast to the door - if that trace connects with the door, it will cast successfully. But if not, it won’t

Really need to see more screenshots of the logic to be able to help… show the line trace, the cast, etc

Im still not seeing ‘player is in trigger’ value.

What is the default value of “player in trigger” - True or False? Please show where this is set

Ill discord ya